Monday, September 3, 2012

BBT vs OPK

  
  This is a mini post and for that I am sorry. Ah yes, the 2 week wait with a twist. As if the 2 week wait was not stressful enough... according to my temps I ovulated 4 days ago but according to my opk I ovulated after that, most likely yesterday. My cervical position and texture align with the opk. Aren't the opk supposed to be positive just before ovulation? well mine have been positive after alleged ovulation this  cycle so I don't know what to trust. Why would it be positive after? What should I go with bbt or opk? I'm so confused. Please help :(

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Im TTC#1 as well.
    I say follow the temps. That's what all my research has told me. Your LH surge could take awhile after the initial surge to build up in your urine to show up on a test. The BBT, however, is looking for a temp rise that could never happen before you ovulate.
    I'd love some extra support as well, and would love for you to follow my blog at http://maternalstateofmind.wordpress.com/. Ill definitely continue to follow yours! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fellow Blogger thank you for leaving my first comment, you will receive a check by mail...jk lol but seriously thank you. I actually decided to take a break from temping. I was having trouble with ff changing my ovulation date multiple times during the cycle making it very hard to bd the right days, that combined with over analysing every dip and rise proved to be too much as it wasn't helping me at all. I will be sure to come by your site and show you some love, good luck and baby dust to you! :)

    ReplyDelete