Thursday, January 24, 2013

Not my day

When I took a pregnancy test this morning I knew it would be negative so when I saw the results confirm my suspicions I was not surprised but not being surprised did not mean not disappointed. As I was headed to my doctor's office I felt the warm tears start to roll down my face. I composed myself as well as I could in the waiting room until I noticed it was full of babies. There was an older couple with their grandson talking to some other patient about how wonderful it was to be a grandparent and what not and how cute he was and I just thought I might never get to give my parents a grandchild. Needless to say more tears came. I hid my crying as best I could. My name was called and in I went. I told my doc about the failed pregnancy test and she had me take another one there. Why? I wish I knew. I had to hear the nurse call out the results to my doc from across the hall. Negative... I felt at this moment I was getting ready to fall apart but it wasn't until I was getting ready to leave that I really couldn't take it anymore. I overheard a young lady there talking about how she just found out she was pregnant and it was such a big surprise because she was on birth control and how she was planning on getting her tubes tied as soon as she had it. I just thought of the unfairness of it all and I cried and cried until I couldn't anymore. I think I might do this next cycle with femara and then take a break from ttc.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I went back and read some of your posts and we seem to have a lot in common. I randomly found you on twitter (@thepinkdazzle). Just wanted to say you are definitely not alone, I will be following your story and sending you positive vibes. I feel exactly the same about never being able to afford IVF or adoption...just living on faith and prayer right now :) here's my blog, I'll be making a new post in a bit. http://afc-journeytoday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you AFC, I am currently on break from ttc and trying to embrace and enjoy all other aspects of life. Prayer and faith are always good in our lives and especially so when it comes to dealing with infertility. This can be such a trying and difficult journey and I hope we both make it through with our future children . Sending you positive thoughts and babydust***

    ReplyDelete