Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Infertility, Family and Being Thankful

      When it comes to my infertility not everyone in my family has been understanding. I spent almost 10 years in denial, trying to keep it low key and making up excuses as to why I had not yet produced any offspring. One can only pretend and make excuses for so long so by the time I "came out" with my infertility people had long been talking about it behind my back, whispering their opinions as to what could be going on and how I should handle it. Most of it was not of a malicious nature but hurt and made me feel shame all the same. I really wish some of those had not reached my ears. Now once I fully "came out" as an infertile I began to educate my family members and friends and they became more understanding, some did anyways lol. However there are always those that are inconsiderate. I have reached a point in my journey where I just can't deal with these people so I promptly put them in their place. Now that we have mentioned the ugly lets move forward with the good.


         There are members of my family and I include my OH that have given me so much support and I am so thankful that they are in my life. They have seen me at my lowest moments and given me a shoulder to cry on and have helped me in more ways than I can say. I wish that I could repay them for all that they have done for me and I hope to God that one day I can. In this journey it is important to have appreciation for those who have helped and provided support in one way or another. Not everyone is understanding or kind and sometimes it is easy to focus on those people or comments when times are hard. Infertility is a pain so deep, a yearning so strong that it can blind you to all the wonderful people and things that are in our lives. Let's make a conscious effort to remember our loved ones and their kind words and actions when we are feeling alone and low. Let's make a conscious effort to enjoy the time we spend with them and to thank God we have them in our lives. I certainly will. Thank you all for taking the time to read this post and I hope that in some way you may find it helpful. **Good luck and babydust***

No comments:

Post a Comment