Thursday, November 1, 2012

"O" my, now what?

I write this post while still in Puerto Rico. I lost my great grandmother and stayed a couple more days to attend her funeral. She was a kind and generous woman, she passed away at the age of 95 surrounded by loved ones. As you may have read before I was going to get an hsg done while here in Puerto Rico and I did so for those who haven't had it done I will do my best to describe it. I went to the lab early that morning without food or drink since the night before and they sent me to another lab to have a mandatory pregnancy test (blood test). After I got the results I took a percocet and went back to the original lab and was sent to the room where I was to have the hsg performed, there I waited for the doc and nurse. The nurse came in first and had me take of my clothes from the waist down. Then the doc came in and inserted the speculum and I was so tense so it took a bit longer than usual. Then he inserted the catheter and injected the dye which was (like really bad cramps). I had to move a couple of times for them to take the xrays and that was not pleasant. Once the hsg was done the pain faded quickly. The doctor then told me everything looked good (my uterus was well outlined, both tubes indicated patency) and that he would wait for me to come back to have an u/s performed cause he believed I would be pregnamt soon. I want to believe that I will but it hasn't happened so far, only time will tell. I have been using the opk n I haven't ovulated yet so I probably will when I get back Saturday which means I still have a shot to ttc this cycle. On the 12th I have a doc appt and I will get my presctiption for clomid which if I don't get pregnant this cycle I will start clomid next cycle. In the mean time I keep hearing about everybody else's pregnancy, it is overwhelming it seems like I'm the only one who hasn't been able to conceive. I hope I'm pregnant before this year ends :/ Good luck and baby dust to my fellow infertiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment